You can find more Bible Study notes by me and books I have written free for download through my website:
http://biblestu97.wix.com/john-brough

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Author's final comments

Author's Final Comments.

Well, that is my blog on Revelation. Already it has started some discussions before I was even finished. Great. I will continue to look in on comments and respond to them as time permits so keep those questions, debates, disagreements coming. "Iron sharpens iron" - so the scripture says. I hope many people start to comment on things I wrote and on the comments of others.

The danger when a writer or interpreter of the Bible does a study like this is that for some time they have to "live in their own head" with their own subjective feelings and opinions. I am no different to anyone else in this so there is bound to be some things I have said which are just garbage. As they get debated (if I change my opinion) I will modify the text of this blog, or at least make sure the debate is noted in the text so others can refer to important comments (even comments I don't agree with).
One thing is for sure - I don't know everything about Revelation - no one does - "we only know in part (1 Cor 13). By God's grace I have been led to read and study various approaches that have, for me, opened my eyes to what I have written here.


Presumably Google, in their generousity, will allow this blog to stay as long as I want (i.e. for ever) so as time goes by and I gain understanding I will modify what is written here. So keep coming back to this blog - things might change quite dramatically on it over time. But then, they may not - I could already be right. But then - no!

If you enjoyed it let me know too. It's great to hear the debates and participate in them but it is more encouraging if people have been blessed by what one has done. So if you liked it write and say so - you don't have to have agreed with everything.

Tell others about it to stir things along.

You may enjoy my other blogs which are listed on the page.

This blog is actually part 2 of a three part blog - the first part is also online and I will return to it now to complete it. It is an overview of Genesis to Revelation. In reality one can't understand Revelation if one does not see how it fits into the whole panorama of God's dealings with mankind. My observation over 40 years has been that those who dig into Revelation without a good Bible overview end up with weird ideas. Revelation is the wrapping up, climax and conclusion of things that have been going on since the beginning of time. Have a read of this other blog if you have never done such an overview of scripture.

The third part I will write eventually - it will be a development of some of the other prophetic parts of scripture.

An Idea for a Bible study:

Walk Thru the Bible Ministries (also called "world Teach") have produced two seminars covering OT and NT called "Walk thru the Old Testament" and "Walk thru the New Testament.
At the end of each seminar a comparison of Genesis 1-3 is made with Revelation 20-22.
Why not do this comparison as a group bible study to introduce the people to Revelation.

Then take them through Revelation.

You are welcome to clip and paste these notes into some sort of document (e.g. Word) for reproduction for a Bible study. Most of what is in here wasn't mine to start with - I have borrowed from an untold number of writers (most of whom I have forgotten). The originality I have added was putting it together my own way. Please be fair and don't make money out of my work. There is a danger in trying to do so in that you don't know how much I have taken from others and where it is (neither do I now). Most has not been acknowledged in the text. If you try to sell it (it's not that good) you might find several other authors suing you for breaking copyright.


I don't care if you disagree with me - my aim has been to make you think in new ways about an old book. If I have succeeded in that then have been successful.

Blessings on You
John.

No comments: